80g ground almonds
160g castor sugar
10tsp cocoa powder
2 egg whites
14 blanched almonds
125g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 180C fan.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Put the ground almonds, sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and stir well to combine.
4. Add the egg white and mix together into a firm mixture.
5. Fill a piping bag, fitted with a small plain nozzle, with the mixture. Pipe the mixture in 2-inch lengths onto the prepared tray, keeping them spaced well apart. Place an almond in the centre of each and press down gently.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 7 minutes, or until firm to touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
7. When the biscuits are completely cool, dip each end in melted plain chocolate. Leave them on the wire rack to set.